Monday, February 4, 2008

The New York State Thruway


Y'know, based on all the honking and bitching from motorists who really don't need to drive on the thruway, there are a lot of them out there who still do, and those people tend to be the most inept at driving. Some examples would be, but are not limited to; going 55 mph in the 3rd lane passing lane, going 55 mph in a 65 mph zone in the passing lane without passing anyone, not paying the fuck attention to what is going on then getting mad that others are pissed at them, the list goes on and on. Out of state drivers, stay the fuck out of the 3rd lane passing lane on the I-90 by the Walden Galleria Mall. You still don't understand that 55 = 65-70 in the 3rd lane passing lane. New York State drivers too. You people fucking LIVE with the Thruway and you still can't drive on it. Are you just moronic?

When I came back after living in Japan, one of the first roads I used to get back into driving was the 90. Actually, I think within a week of landing in Dulles I was driving up to Williamsville.  And y'know what, being away for a year and not even touching the steering wheel of a car, I was owning people on the thruway (again).  What bugs me about that is that I WAS GONE FOR A YEAR. I didn't even fucking live in the area, let alone commute on the damn thing for around 365 days!  What the hell am I doing murdering these people?!



I asked my dad one day, "Dad, why are people on the Thruway either assholes or complete morons?"
His reply: Well, when the other people began to learn how to drive on the thruway they saw that there were a huge group of people who weren't. Those who did learn began to get very angry at those who couldn't but still did. Those people eventually turned into assholes. The stupid people remained stupid.

True.

Some days I wonder what happened to Darwin's Theory of Natural Selection, cause some of these people shouldn't have survived this long. And it makes the rest of us very very angry.

So, with all the moronic bitching and people complaining about driving on it, y'know what? Don't. Stop. Spare us who do and know why we do it.  That includes most of the people who are stupid. Just stop. I, for once, would like to drive to school one day and not scream at someone, flip atleast one person off, yell about how fucking stupid and obnoxious people who go to UB are (because they really can't drive worth shit), how dumb some truckers are (hey, if the sign says "No Trucks, Busses, Trailers Left Lane", it says it for a reason), or yell about how men in huge pick-up-trucks, who can't drive them for shit, should stay on the fucking farm and find something else to make up for his lack of dick size.

Maybe I am being harsh, but I don't think so. I have been driving the Thruway for the past 3 years now, and seriously, if I can learn to drive it, everyone else can. It really really isn't that difficult.  And guess what, if you don't like the tolls, don't drive the damn thing. Shut up. There are always back roads, and we know how amazingly clean those are in the middle of winter.

No comments: